1) PB shall process certain information, and sensitive personal information (“Patient Information”) (as defined under the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI”) in order to give effect to the Principal Agreement and Intake Forms (Agreements), for the purposes of performance under the Agreements, and/or in negotiating the terms of the Agreements (i.e. the subscription options elected by the Patient).
2) PB shall only process the minimum of the Patient Information necessarily required by PB in order to give effect to the above and shall only process the information for the purposes as set out above. At no time shall PB share the Patient’s Information with third-parties, unless such third-parties are collaborating with PB to give effect to the purposes as stated in paragraph 1 above.
3) PB shall also share the Patient’s Information with the Patient’s PCP and/or next-of kin, unless instructed to the contrary by the Patient.
4) PB’s staff originates and maintains paper and/or electronic records describing the Patient’s health history, symptoms, examination and test results, diagnoses, treatment, and any plans for future care or treatment. This information serves as: A basis for planning the Patient’s care and treatment; a means of communication among the many health professionals who contribute to the Patient’s care; a source of information for applying the Patient’s diagnosis to the Patient’s monthly and/or ad hoc bills.
5) The Patient may, at any time, review the Privacy Notice prior to signing this consent, and PB reserves the right to amend the Privacy Notice at any time. It is the Patient’s duty to constantly peruse PB’s website for any updates to the Privacy Notice. Any changes to a Privacy Notice will become effective from the date of implementation, as stipulated on the Privacy Notice.
6) The Patient may request restrictions as to how the Patient’s health information may be used or disclosed to carry out treatment, or health care operations, and may request details on the Patient Information stored by PB, amend such information or request that we erase the Patient’s Information. Note, we shall not erase any information necessarily required to give effect to the Agreement or required in processing payment and collecting money from Patients.
7) The Patient may revoke consent to the Patient Information stored and/or processed by PB at any time. Such revocation will not result in PB refusing, or ceasing, to offer Services to a Patient, save for if/when a Patient refuses to disclose financial information necessarily required to obtain/request payment from a Patient.
8) For any questions regarding this Privacy Notice, the Patient must contact Premier Body at: email@example.com or at ShopH61EF, The Piazza, Melrose Arch, Melrose North, Johannesburg, 2196.
9) Exercise of privacy rights and complaints: Mail or fax to us your written requests for modifying or cancelling a confidential communication, for copies of your records, or for amendments to your record. You may file a complaint with us by notifying our Privacy Officer of your complaint. You may also file a complaint to the Department of Health if you believe There are any complaints to be filled.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.